FC4T2 Hangs on boot. What incantation to upgrade RHEL 3WS to FC4T2?

Title: FC4T2 Hangs on boot. What incantation to upgrade RHEL 3WS to FC4T2?

Similar to other (unanswered) posts in the April archive re: boot failure on Dell Latitudes, I'm just getting the initial F1-Main…F5-Rescue option list and nothing else but a '.' when I enter anything on a freshly burned FC4T2 ISO.

Is there a Command Line option to upgrade from the RHEL 3 WS installed on it to FC4T2 that might otherwise launch the upgrade process?

Yes, I'm an uninformed enthusiast and just my luck, I'm trying to get this installed among a bunch of M$ cheerleaders.

Any insights or suggestions greatly appreciated, as always.