Re: Router discovery fails on startup

Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 09:20 +0200, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
Hi,

router discovery (rdisc) fails on startup. It seems, that /etc/sysconfig/rdisc is missing.

Roger

Hello Roger,
    I have been having the same problem as well.  I have a mixed
wireless-ethernet network and for some reason, when I start up my
wireless laptop (an IBM ThinkPad T30), there is a problem with finding
the router.  I can still connect to the internet but I have to do so
manually each time I log in.   A minor inconvenience but an
inconvenience nevertheless.
Jeff

I saw that 'FAILED' scroll by on boot, and thought I had a problem. I have a NETGEAR RP614 v3 router after my dsl modem. But everything works. I can connect. But I continued to get that router detection failure message. I tried disabling rdisc and the 'FAILED' message went away, and everything still works. So, for now, I'll leave it disabled until I discover what, if any, problem disabling it might cause.
owa