Re: high temp?

My laptop also has 1gb of ram, but I would be surprised if that has anything to do with how much heat is generated. The heat on my machine is coming from the processor.

Is there a way to get real-time temp readings in linux? It would be interesting to monitor the temp readings while doing processor intensive things.

- Robbie

Robbie Foust
OIT-CASI
Duke University

Now its only needed to figure out: Is it the driver, or the hardware?
Anyone with same HW and identical config can try and reproduce?

Greetings:

A similar thing has happened to me on several occasions. I have an HP Pavilion, model ze5470 US laptop, with a 2.66 GHz P4. It happens when processor usage is high for an extended period, like when tarring a large file structure. I noticed that this occurred after I upgraded the memory to 1 GB. Perhaps the larger memory cards generate more heat.

Regards,

Gary