Re: Yum refused to start after upgrade: "The yum libraries do not seem to be available"

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Apr 6, 2005 1:40 PM, Robin Green <greenrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just upgraded glibc and libxml2 from rawhide (and a few others, although I
think those ones are most likely to be the culprits), and now yum won't
start. It says:

i just did todays updates in about 4 iterations.
yum was still working for me after the glibc update.
the last update i did was the openoffice stuff... all of it installed fine.
and my yum still appears to work. i can install new things with it..

It looks like the new glibc had only installed part-way. I think this was something to do with running on xen and having a very hacky workaround for the /lib/tls issues.

I fixed it by booting from a rescue disk, uninstalling both old and new versions of glibc, and installing the new version again.

Now yum works - at least on normal linux - haven't tried xen0-linux yet.

--
Robin