Re: New xfs (X font server) initscript for testing. Should work in all Fedora Core OS releases, as well as RHL 8 and RHEL3 and newer. Please test!

Dan Hollis wrote:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Mike A. Harris wrote:

I'd like to hear both BAD *and* GOOD feedback from whoever
tests this, so if you test it and do not notice anything
different, please respond to let me know that also.
If you notice any regressions with this initscript
compared to the previous one you were using, please
respond with full details of the problem, and exact
error messages you see (if any).  Also indicate if
you are using only stock OS supplied fonts, or fonts
you have added yourself.  It'd be particularly good
to hear feedback from people using lots of 3rd party
fonts, as we do not normally have such fonts for
testing purposes internally.

On FC3 i386 (stock fonts, stock everything.)

# ./xfs restart
Restarting xfs:
Shutting down xfs:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting xfs: ./xfs: line 56: [: missing `]'

Oops.. I uploaded the wrong version of the script.  Doh!

I just uploaded the latest version, which does have that fixed
now.  Sorry bout that.  ;)

Please everyone, try the new script.

ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/xfs.init