Re: Fedora Core 4 PPC usb boot image

Colin Charles wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 14:13 +0100, shrek-m@xxxxxx wrote:

no luck, does not work here.
the only 2 boot devices i can see:
 mac os x  (hda2)
 linux = fc3-rawhide  (hda4)
but not the usb-stick, the usb-stick-led (256mb) is flickering
afaik the mac can not boot from usb but firwire [T].

Well, there's a snag key for firewire, but it should be able to boot
from USB devices (I just tested mine with the iPod over usb...)

Now, what Mac do you have?

I tried this method on my very new Powerbook 1.5GHz G4 15" and I was not able to boot off the USB Stick. I can boot off a firewire drive, but I believe booting off USB is not possible. I should try booting off my USB CD drive. If I get a chance, I'll hook it up and report back.

--
Drew