Re: Workaround for pilot-link and libwnck yum dependencies

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, seth vidal wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 22:50 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
On 03/17/2005 01:47:18 AM, Glen Kim wrote:
Hey guys,
	I don't know how many testers figured this out on their own and
just stayed silent about it, but I figured out a simple temporary fix
to update rawhide packages when faced with the missing dependencies
caused by the libwnck and pilot-link updates.  Simply wget the
libwnck and pilot-link packages from your favorite development
mirror, then rpm -i them.

Does yum sport a switch to install rather than upgrade?

why would you do that? Why would you install the packages?

-sv

In this context, you would do it so you could have different versions of the libraries side by side so that packages built on the different versions could install without dependency errors.