Re: fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

Mike Chambers wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 06:59 -0500, Craig Thomas wrote:
On the nfs sever:
1 $mkdir /path/2/fc4
2 $mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/2/FC4-test1-i386-disc1.iso /path/2/fc4

like in the good old days.
see  /usr/share/doc/fedora-release*/README*

<snip fc3-release>
If you are setting up an installation tree for NFS, FTP, or HTTP
installations, you need to copy the RELEASE-NOTES files and all files from
  the Fedora directory on discs 1-3. On Linux and Unix systems, the
  following process will properly configure the /target/directory on your
  server (repeat for each disc):

   1. Insert disc

   2. mount /mnt/cdrom

   3. cp -a /mnt/cdrom/Fedora /target/directory

   4. cp /mnt/cdrom/RELEASE-NOTES* /target/directory (Do this only for disc
      1)

   5. umount /mnt/cdrom
</snip>

3 export /path/2/fc4 as nfs share
[/path/2/fc4        192.168.1.*(ro,sync)]
service nfs restart

On the install target
4 linux askmethod at promopt
5 continue with nfs minimal install as normal.

Ok, another stupid question.

1 - If I understood you correctly, you mounted the first ISO, used the
files in it to do a minimal install via NFS but to the files instead of
the ISO?

2 - Depending on answer to first question, what if I wanted a more than
minimal install, don't I have to do all 4 iso's like that so they
include all the files and are in the same dir?  Or do I have to do it
differently to get them all in the same dir and have proper structure
lay out?

you can do what you want:
rescue, minimal, server, workstation, custom, expert,  ...

--
shrek-m