Re: fc4test1 - yum update - yum broke?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:46:46 -0500, Jim Cornette
<fct-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is nothing special about getting the breakage. There was
discussion on the development list regarding the sqlite and the
python-sqlite packages. I believe earlier discussions regarded the
packages were simply renamed. Other indications point to whe the rpms
were recompiled, there was a particular library that is now not working
with yum.
This might be a gcc4 compiler problem. I just know that it is still
broken for rawhide also.

No this has nothing to do with gcc4 or renaming.  Some sqlite syntax
handling for sql queries has changed between sqlite 3.0.x and sqlite
3.1.x. Yum upstream is being corrected to use sql query syntax that is
compatible with both 3.0.x and 3.1.x.

-jef

Thanks for clarifying where the problems is and what corrective measures are being performed to correct the problem. I have a mess of a development installation here and will avoid upgrading sqlite when I clean install the system.

Jim

--
I'd love to help you -- it's just that the Boss won't let me near the computer.