Re: FC4test1 ISO's are out!

Gerry Tool wrote:
David Meyer wrote:

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:05:38PM +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:

On 03/15/2005 02:01:49 PM, David Meyer wrote:

    Anyone been able to successfully burn disks from these and
    have them past media test?

    I've tried both cdrecord and xcdroast and both result in
    disks that boot but fail media test.

    Dave

try using -dao -pad with cdrecord
My dvd iso is still downloading - but I bet that's it.

    I wish. Failed again.

    Dave

I downloaded the DVD and it passed the sha1sum test. I then burned it with K3B at 4x speed and it failed the media test. I installed anyway since I was putting it on an unused partition. It installed, but instead of putting GRUB on the first sector of the boot partition, it wrote GRUB to the MBR. (Yes I did make the correct choice in the Advanced Boot Options page.) I recovered fine using my FC3 Rescue Disc.

Has anyone had the DVD pass the media test?

Can anyone confirm the GRUB problem?

I will burn another one at slower speed and try again.

Gerry

I burned another DVD, this time with K3B in a Suse9.2 system because FC3 rejected two discs I tried.

Same FAIL on media check.

Changing to downloading the individual CDs to see if those work better.

Gerry