Re: i810 refresh bug regression? New or reopen?

Paul Iadonisi wrote:
  *sigh*

  Looks like the infamous i810 refresh bug is back after yesterday's
xorg-x11 update (6.8.2-10).  Well, maybe not exactly the same.  There's
definitely some refresh problems, but the behavior seems slightly
different.  Now, partial desktop icon artifacts appear near (usually
within an icon width or two) the original icons.  But they appear
elsewhere on the screen sometimes, too, like when launching gnome-
terminal.
  Should I update bugzilla 132267 or open a new one?  Anyone else seeing
this?

I tested the latest xorg-x11 on a pretty outdated installation. (Still a rawhide installation) I saw a blue frame outlining the shell when I changed to a virtua terminal. The blue frame was on all screens (F1-F5 anyway).

The driver is busted for me also, but in a different way.

I didn't reboot the computer to test the new X installation. This test was in runlevel 3 using startx.

This bug does seem to be totally different than the first problem. It still wouldn't be good to still have when the final FC4 comes out though.

Jim

--
Why be difficult when, with a bit of effort, you could be impossible?