Re: Latest update causes system to crawl

Frank Jacobberger wrote:
I can’t get my system to move faster than a dead snail after the latest dev updates of the 10^th of March?

Which package is the culprit?

RaXeT

I've had problems with prelink causing a really slow system. I ran prelink -uav
and the system sped up somewhat.

In general, I was running at a snails pace, but am slowly seeing system responsiveness increase to an acceptable level.

Your milage may vary. I am also only running SELinux in permissive mode until things settle down with updates. SELinux is a welcome addition, but I recall rpm completing during FC2 tests, but packages were never actually installed. I don't know if this could still happen.

Jim