Strange problem With Fedora Core 3 and dual monitor

Hi. I have a portable Dell Inspiron 8500 with a video card ATI Radeon Mobility M9. I have the latest kernel and patches installed. I Work with the multiple monitors configuration (the one from my portable and a separate monitor connect to my portable).
I configure KDE to work with 2 monitors.

I have two problems

1- When I start my portable with the separate monitor connected to it, the system freeze when HAL start. If I disconnect the second monitor and restart the computer and wait for the computer to be ready to work, I can reconnect the monitor, activate the combo (CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE) to restart X and all work
   as expected.  I think this is a problem with udev???

2- I wish to put the second monitor to my left but Fedora don't let my configure that. Any Idea???

Thanks for Your Great Work

Yvan Chouinard