Re: Kernel Crash with FC3 [glibc?]

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
I have also seen problems with nscd. On a stable FC3 machine with LDAP
auth., it refused to login a user when nscd was turned on, it said the
user didn't exist. UID#->username mapping worked, though.

Stopping nscd allowed the user to login instantaniously.

We had a few people reporting problems but nobody ever was able or willing to provide any data. I use it on all my machines and never had problems.

So, if the problem is reproducible after

 service nscd restart

then stop it again, and start nscd by hand with

  /usr/sbin/nscd -d -d -d

After this perform the operation which fails and send the output (or better yet, create a bug).