Re: Problems reading and writing C/Ds and DVDs on FC3

The version of the CD burner supplied with FC3 shows a message on first startup saying that it works only for root user. This is true. Every instance we tried gave a false error on each and every burn which said that the CD or DVD just burned was bad. We checked these and found them to be perfect. In addition there is a notice in the code saying that this version has been changed to burn DVDs and not to bother the author with bugs. There is a bug which sometimes prevents ejecting the CD and when this happens you must force the CD out and reboot. You know there is trouble because the CD mounts but no icon appears on the desktop. This happens elsewhere besides in the burner. Attempting to verify a CD with the burner also seems to fail as the burner program usually can't find the CD to be verified and returns a no CD message. This may be due to changing the CD address from RH9 It would help if someone could post out the exact fix for the ejection problem as I suspect many of these other problems are related.