RE: FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang

I have just noticed something about the FC 3 722 kernel that exhibits a
little different behavior after a lockup:

When I push my power switch to turn of the box for a hard restart (screen is
blank, no apparent reaction from a key press or mouse movement or click), I
get a momentary look at a good desktop as the display comes back before the
shutdown sequence starts.  I am not using any kernel boot arguments (except
'ro root=LABEL=/')

I hope this rings a bell with someone.

-Tom