iptables problems

I started having this problem with iptables a while ago. It seems that I can't start/stop iptables manually through the terminal. Only way I can control iptables is thru system-config-securitylevel. This used to work fine with default FC3 installation and I don't remember when exactly it started giving me a hard time. When I do "rpm -e system-config-securitylevel system-config-securitylevel-tui" I can start/stop iptables manually again, but when the packages are installed I can't do nothing from the terminal. It also gives me an error in System Settings > Server Settings > Services when I try to start or stop the service. It says smth like "Service couldnt start, error:" and thats it. Another thing: I can't add firewall rules manually when I have only iptables installed (without system-config-securitylevel).

For example I want to use NAT so I can get Internet to my laptop and "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE" is just not added to the table of rules.

Anyone has any ideas, or should I visit bugzilla for this one?

Thanks,

Arangel