Re: Recent Updates and ldconfig

That's what I've been doing for most thigns (actually chcon, the restorecon looks like it's probably a better choice), but some installation programs will fail if they cannot ldconfig the appropriate files (i've run into wine and the nvidia driver so far). It seems like the libraries are being created with the wrong contexts, I actually did get my two examples to work by changing the context quickly using another console but I don't want to have to dink with this every time I install something new.

Tom London wrote:

Try restoring the proper contexts before running
ldconfig:
   restorecon -R /usr/lib etc.