Re: /usr has vanished completely!

I think what OP meant.  I just applied recent rawhide updates and
_none_ of disk based file systems was mounted except of /.  I happen
to have here four of these plus two bind mounts.

Typing 'mount -a' at the root prompt immediately restored a
resemblance of a sanity but I do not know yet what actually is
messed up.  Possibly this was a "fix" for that bug report I
mentioned previously or maybe some other "improvement" is
responsible. :-)

   Michal