Re: Applications for FC4

On 11/14/2004 06:40:40 PM, joelbryan wrote:

- BitTorrent - I think there's reasons to include this.

No there is not - for several reasons.
It does not add any functionallity other than itself, nothing of real value to productivity etc. - those who want it can get it from Fedora Extras.

It opens up a bunch of ports and acts as a server - for this reason, it is banned from many networks.

Furthermore - the gui front end is nagware, it opens up a browser window asking you to send the guy money. While I'm sure that could easily be removed, it is kind of a big turn off.

Leave it in Fedora Extras. Those who want it can yum it.