Re: mount problems with smbfs/cifs

Thoralf Will wrote:
I have trouble mounting shares from a samba3 server with acls enabled.

/etc/fstab:
//[server]/[share]          [mountpoint]       smbfs   uid=500,gid=500,username=[username],password=[password]     0 0

It mounts the share but ignores the uid/gid settings and uses the server sided settings (uid 1xxx, gid 2xx) which doesn't help me that much obviously.
How can I fix that? Mounting with cifs gives exactly the same problem.

Thanks in advance,
Thoralf

disable unix extensions on the samba server