Re: dual install results, artheros drivers, touchpad on a toshiba satellite p35 s609

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 paul@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > I just do a 'cvs co'
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > Satish
>
> That's what I did, too.

Did you encounter any errors?

> I then rebooted, the configuration tool came up, but then the error
> was something along the lines of "device does not appear to be
> present"

Please post the output of the following commands.

/sbin/lspci
/sbin/lsmod | grep ath
modprobe ath_pci

> I also tried to use the madwifi rpms to no avail.

Thats no good. You need to grab the rpm that matches the kernel
version (I don't think there is one for any of hte FC3test kernels)

Satish