Re: FC3rc5

On Oct 31, 2004, at 11:17, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
On Oct 30, 2004, at 23:51, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
I tried to upgrade an FC2 SMP i686 system on an LVM managed disk. The system did not update grub properly. When I hand edited grub, the system then panicked. I'll report more later after I've had time to dig in deeper.

Folks,

	I tried re-updating the system. I got the same error:

After NASH loads:

mount: error 6 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
switchroot: mount failed: 22
umount /initrd/dev failed 2

I'll keep the system this way for awhile waiting for someone's response to these messages. Otherwise I'll scrub the drive and restart from scratch. Bear in mind that this system was running fine under FC2.

Folks,

Does anybody want to know what went wrong upgrading my system from FC2 -> FC3rc5? I don't know where to start sleuthing to tell you what went wrong. The system boots fine with the FC3rc5 Rescue disk. Therefore, I can go traipsing through the file system. So a response from someone, perhaps FC3rc5 test requester, Mr. Lee, would be appreciated. Or was this community testing request hoo-ha just a waste of all of our time?

Andrew
Andrew W. Donoho
awd@xxxxxxx, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)