Re: FC3 RC5 - Networked LPD server printing still not working.

Gerry Tool wrote:

Gerry Tool wrote:

I have just done a fresh install of FC3, Release Candidate 3. Printing to a networked LPD server still will not work. This is a bug (#133064) that is assigned to the kernel. Telnet to the print server fails, but ping succeeds. FC2 telnets fine to the print server.

Gerry Tool

Just did fresh install of FC3 RC5 from DVD. LPD server printing still not working. This is kernel 649.

Gerry

On a tip from Steven Schwartz, I found that if I execute

/sbin/service iptables off

printing to the remote LPD server works.

Of course this is not a valid fix. Any ideas of a correct way to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Gerry Tool