Problems with my soundcard

Dear Sirs,

     I have installed Fedora Core 3/rc3 succesfully on both laptops (A Dell
Inspiron 4000 and an IBM ThinkPad T-30) that I own.  However, when I
attempted to install it on my Dell Dimension XPS T600R desktop, the
installation went well except for one thing: the sound quality is terrible.
You can hardly hear the sound at all and it is very muffled whenever you hear
system sounds (when programs open and close, etc.)  I have the KDE desktop
installed and I have an Ensoniq Sound Card which is using the es1371 module.
I also used a different distribution of Linux on this same computer (Mandrake
10.0) with no problems with the quality of sound.  Has anyone else had
problems with this sound card?