Re: install corrupts existing ext3 multi-boot partitions

In theory, you should be able to remove the SELinux attributes from the
filesystems if you want to use them with the older kernels, e.g. boot
FC3test3 with selinux=0, then run
	find / -exec setfattr -x security.selinux {} \;

You need selinux=0 as SELinux won't let you remove them if it is active,
but you need a kernel that includes the xattr security handlers to
remove them, so you need a 2.6 kernel like the FC3test3 one.

Thank you for the suggestion. I did that (boot FC3test3 single selinux=0; mount the filesystem in question; cd there;
find . -exec ...; sync; unmount) but rebooting the RH9 system
still got "attempt to access beyond end of device".  So it did not
work for me.  What did work was to create a new filesystem of the
same size without the ext_attr attribute, boot FC3test3 selinux=0,
cpio the entire old filesystem to the new filesystem, adjust the
ext3 label, /etc/fstab and mtab, then boot the new filesystem.