Re: FC1 to FC3

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Jeff Ratliff wrote:

I used my old FC1 system as a test system for FC3. I initially upgraded
FC1 to FC3t1 and had no problems. I'm using an nVidia chipset and nVidia
graphics card reverted to the stock FC drivers rather than
the nVidia proprietary ones, because it was less trouble for future
updates. X11 to Xorg change wasn't even noticeable. As others have
pointed out, proprietary drivers may give you a few headaches.

I still prefer a fresh install (with a backup just in case) to an
upgrade, but if you have to upgrade it'll probably work.

Great to hear thanks! I've typically run upgrades on my personal desktops, the only times an upgrade failed was a very early RH (so long ago I cant reembmer) and from RH7.3 direct to FC1, the time I spent fixing it would have been faster to fresh install and rebuild my other non RH/FC
stuff.

--
Regards,
Res