Sound Card Check and Drive not Ready.

At the beginning of every session I have to do a sound card check for the sound system to be functional. Once sound card check has been run it works until the next reboot. I only noticed this problem in FC3T3 and it persisted through all three kernel updates. When using Application Add/Remove the error 'drive not accessible' is coming up when you attempt to install the asked for CD to do the Add/Remove. It will not recognize the drive. Incidentally for reference my hardware setup is AMD-2500+, 512mg, NVidia g-force, combo DVD-CDRW, Epson CX5400, DSL going through a D-Link router. Understandably, there are possibly fixes in the mix and on their way, but I thought I would mention this just it case. There have been other threads, previously concerning such problems. Did any result in bug fixes that I should refer to? Thanks