No more updates

If reference to how Rodolfo explained bringing back the sources file in my /etc/sysconfig/rhn directory by using the sources.rpmsave file (the backup.) Well, there is no sources.rpmsave file. Using whereis can not find anything either. Perhaps the .rpmsave file is not an automatic function and/or I just do not know how to set it. I use vim for editing and I'm new to it also. So, without an .rpmsave file what would be my alternative. I personally never deleted anything from this directory (not knowingly!). I have been reading documentation on yum and setting it up, but I have yet to fully understand it, working on it. Here is what I'm getting with what I have when attempting to use up2date: /usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/checklist.py:21: DeprecationWarning: use gtk.TreeView
 gtk.CList.__init__ (self, columns+1)
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:90: GtkDeprecationWarning: gtk.mainloop is deprecated, use gtk.main instead
 self.warn(message, DeprecationWarning)
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:90: GtkDeprecationWarning: gtk.create_pixmap is deprecated, use gtk.gdk.Pixmap instead
 self.warn(message, DeprecationWarning)
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:90: GtkDeprecationWarning: gtk.mainiteration is deprecated, use gtk.main_iteration instead
 self.warn(message, DeprecationWarning)