Up2date/Yum - Information.

Excuse the denseness about the use of up2date and/or yum but I need to know a few things that will help me and perhaps others. (coming from the other side of the tracks.) 1. Where, if there are, information on the setup, use and understanding of up2date/yum settings? 2. When doing an update/install, do not the system create backups that you can revert to in case of crashes? If so, where would they be? 3. Is it possible to delete header files on standalone system and have it to auto-recreate itself? I've looked at Fedora-Us site, which have information on yum and the others, however, the info only covers up to FC2. Is it just a matter of sub'ng FC2 with FC3? Anything can be figured out in time, but I really hate trying to reinvent the wheel when the instructions just feel out the box behind me.