Re: Bash terminal: intermittently, significant lag up to 20 seconds for characters to be rendered on the screen

On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 12:06 AM John Lynch <johnlynch.32768@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since upgrading from 39 to 40, when I issue a command in the Terminal, sometimes I have to wait for the character to be displayed.   If I press another key, then the previous character shows up, but it continues thus.   I am running an Asus laptop with 16GB RAM and quad-core CPU.   Has anyone else encountered such behaviour with Fedora 40?

Works fine here.

Does it happen in Terminal only, or other apps as well? What gpu and driver are you using? Does the problem go away if you boot with nomodeset?