Re: [Test-Announce] 2023-12-11 @ 16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting

I tried everything I could think of to do. Element starts wanting you to set an account. I did that and it was happy. The next step is to find your friends or groups. I didn't know what the group was. I searched for "Fedora" and I found some things, but I couldn't join any of them. are their any services I need to enable or other settings required.

In the web browser I could login using may FAS credentials and I could see everything that was being said, but when I clicked the join I was told to read the documents. I did that, but their wasn't any way to acknowledge that I read them and it wouldn't let me join. I tried a few time always with the same result. Are their any settings I should check?

Have a Great Day!

Pat       (tablepc)

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 10:41 PM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2023-12-11 at 11:31 -0500, pmkellly wrote:
> Okay I give up. From what I'm reading Matrix is broken both in Element and
> at the browser link https://chat.fedoraproject.org/
>
> Thanks for trying to help. I do appreciate it.
> I'll be looking forward to the next try.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but I was using Element (the flatpak
version) the whole time, and I've used the web client version for some
time before that, via chat.fedoraproject.org . It definitely works.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA