Re: Partitioning in VirtualBox using FedoraCore 40

On 10/10/23 18:04, George R Goffe via test wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble creating a partition scheme that I have been using it seems like forever.  It's not working now with the "latest" spin iso image (/isos/Fedora-Everything-netinst-x86_64-Rawhide-202310
10.n.0.iso).

I keep getting this popup error message (enclosed). It looks like anaconda is choosing to try partitions named by appending "/efi" to the partition name.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but for the life of me, can't see where I'm going wrong.

You have to create or assign the EFI System Partition which is necessary for booting with UEFI. The ESP has to be a FAT file system and is mounted at /boot/efi. The installer will have an option to create it correctly.

Btw, it hasn't been Fedora *Core* for a very long time.