Re: PROPOSAL to remove Modularity tests from openQA

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.
I will remove the modularity tests from the scheduling templates, but will keep the scripts in the repository in case, we want to start testing it any time soon. When modularity is fully retired, I will remove the scripts as well.

Lukas

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 5:29 PM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2023-07-17 at 10:47 +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 10:20 AM Lukas Ruzicka <lruzicka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > based on this (
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/c/38890fd54281a3dc2dd64439de8955637ca6f2a7?branch=main),
> > I am proposing to put the Modularity tests on hold for some time (modular
> > features are currently not supported in DNF5 anyway) and potentially remove
> > them from openQA.
> >

> That certainly makes sense. I assume you mean from F39 forward, right? Or
> would it apply to current stable releases as well?

The modularity tests are only run against nightly composes, I think.
They aren't run on updates or on any composes based on current stable.

I agree with the proposal, we know why the tests are currently failing
and we have issues to track it, having them fail every day isn't that
useful.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA