Re: Xfce ~ Lost all menu icons in Rawhide and Beta Branch

On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 10:04:05AM +1100, Ian Laurie wrote:
> In Rawhide (fc39) and the beta branch (fc38), with all updates applied, I'm
> seeing all menu icons are gone in Xfce... both the system menu and
> right-click context menus.
>
> Seems the Settings Tab in Settings->Appearance now has all options turned
> off, including "Show images in menus".  Updates did this.

So you had an existing working install and updates changed it?

I wonder if someone could test the current live images and see if it's
happening there?

> Ticking this option brings sanity back.  Was this really intentional or is
> it a bug?  I think this deviation from traditional defaults is going to
> cause beginners a lot of grief.
>
> The Xfce updates in the total update payload were as follows:
>
> xfce4-about-4.18.2-1.fc38.x86_64
> xfce4-notifyd-0.8.0-1.fc38.x86_64
> xfce4-panel-4.18.2-1.fc38.x86_64
> xfce4-power-manager-4.18.1-1.fc38.x86_64
> xfce4-session-4.18.1-1.fc38.x86_64
> xfce4-settings-4.18.2-1.fc38.x86_64
>
> I'm guessing it was xfce4-settings that did it?  If this was intentional I
> think it was a really bad idea.

No, I am pretty sure this was not intended.

Can you file a xfce4-session bug?

Thanks,

kevin