Re: KDE Live can be installed without creating a regular user - correct/wrong?

On Tue, 2022-10-25 at 11:58 +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> KDE Live can be installed without creating a regular user, only root. All
> you need to do is to not create a regular user in anaconda (only root), and
> then not create a regular user in the first boot utility (just click
> Finish). In SSDM, it is then possible to log in using the root account (not
> a good idea in general, to be sure).
>
> Is this intentional, or a bug? Should KDE require creating a regular user,
> similarly to Workstation?

My memory is that we've discussed this before - we had a long period of
twiddling with those requirements - and it was decided this was
intended. I don't have the archives to hand, though, it was too long
ago...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA