Re: F37 GPU thread crash on Ryzen 6000 iGPU: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY in glReadPixels

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 06:26:38 -0000
"Leon White" <badfunkstripe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, first time posting here.
>
> I have an Ryzen 6000 with iGPU (Radeon 680M) hardware compatibility
> bug that I can reproduce under Fedora 37, as well as 36 a number of
> other distros. To reproduce, install Fedora, install VS Code (or any
> other Electron app such as Slack or Spotify) and go to fullscreen or
> attempt to resize the window diagonally for a few seconds, or attempt
> to wake from sleep. This will result in a GPU thread crash (visible
> with `sudo journalctl _UID=1000`) and kernel core dump (`sudo
> dmesg`). In some cases the system can recover, but stability is poor
> until the system is rebooted. Using the dGPU results in some
> improvement, but still crashes when waking from sleep.

[snip information]

It is possible that someone here will see this, and work on it, but the
best way to get focus on it is to open a bugzilla,
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
You will need to sign up, and then take the Fedora prompts.  I searched
quickly for amdgpu, and didn't see an existing bugzilla for your issue.
So, open the bugzilla against amdgpu, and put the information that you
provided in your email in the record.  No guarantees that it will be
fixed, but at least there will be a record of it so the maintainers are
aware of the issue.