reversible dual-boot test station

Hi,

I mentioned this in a QA meeting, and have given it enough testing that I think it's broadly usable. If desired it can be copied out of my user account and put up somewhere where QA folks will see it and can modify it as issues or improvements are discovered.

What is it? The idea is to produce a system that can confidently be used for baremetal testing, without risking the primary operating system. While VM's are a great way to test, it's also a really idealized environment that tends to not expose an assortment of bugs that affect particular hardware. But then quite a lot of folks reasonably don't want to upgrade their daily use hardware early on, because they don't want to always have to debug things, or have to figure out how to undo the upgrade if it really goes badly.

Therefore, I present a dual-boot setup offering:
* no re-partitioning;
* no installation step, instead system upgrade is used;
* reversibility, or undoability, i.e. with just a few steps you can delete the "test OS".

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Chrismurphy/Draft/dualboot_teststation

--
Chris Murphy