Re: GNOME 43.alpha builds in rawhide

Hey!

tried to test this now in a Virtualbox VM on an Arch Linux host with latest Rawhide 20220803.5 and did not get GNOME 43 Alpha to work at all same with just on the host directly (maybe it does not work with my old NVIDIA GTX 760 card as GNOME 43 wants Wayland instead of Xorg and my GPU is to old for that?)

it did however work on an older HP 655 laptop with an AMD GPU that works with Wayland

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 12:22 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20 2022 at 12:09:08 AM +0200, Kalev Lember
<kalevlember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Various bits have switched over to libsoup 3 which also can cause
> breakage in consumers: it's not supported to link to both libsoup 2
> and libsoup 3 in the same process, so care needs to be taken to only
> link to one of them.

Some packages are expected to be broken for now, notably GNOME Maps and
GNOME Photos. If you know of other core applications that are broken,
please let us know.

Michael