Re: Kernel 5.18 Test Week is underway

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 10.14.55 WEST Sumantro Mukherjee wrote:

> Hey All,

>  Kernel 5.18 Test week is happening now. It's

> fairly simple, head over to the wiki [0] and read in detail about the

> test week and simply run the test case mentioned in[1] and enter your

> results.

> As usual, the Fedora QA team will hangout at #fedora-test-day@xxxxxxxxxxx

> for question and discussion.

> [0]  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2022-06-05_Kernel_5.18_Test_Week

> [1]  https://testdays.fedoraproject.org/events/136

> --

> //sumantro

> Fedora QE

> TRIED AND PERSONALLY TESTED, ERGO TRUSTED

Relate with kernel 5.18 everything works except for a Huion Tablet_HS610 Pad.

xinput recognizes it and initially it works as before but in 5.18 after a few seconds the pen/pointer/cursor freezes and no longer works.

Until kernel 5.17 it worked without any issue. If I boot with kernel 5.17.12 it works again.

Notice that it is just the pen/cursor that does not work, there are several buttons in the pad that continue to work after the pen freezes.

How can I debug further this issue?

On a cursory look is this a kernel or a xinput issue?

Best regards,

--

Jos�b�o