Re: Plan / proposal: enable openQA update testing and potentially gating on Rawhide updates

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 9:48 PM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, I'd like to propose that we enable Rawhide update testing on the
production openQA instance also. This would cause results to appear on
the Automated Tests tab in Bodhi, but they would be only informational
(and unless the update was gated by a CI test, or somehow otherwise
configured not to be pushed automatically, updates would continue to be
pushed 'stable' almost immediately on creation, regardless of the
openQA results).

More significantly, I'd also propose that we turn on gating on openQA
results for Rawhide updates. This would mean Rawhide updates would be
held from going 'stable' (and included in the next compose) until the
gating openQA tests had run and passed. We may want to do this a bit
after turning on the tests; perhaps Fedora 37 branch point would be a
natural time to do it.

+1 from me, thanks for working on this. Crossing fingers for a smooth ride.