Re: regression in printing and scanning, when upgrading to f36

On 3/31/22 03:24, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 2:54 AM Zdenek Dohnal <zdohnal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

On 3/29/22 23:25, Chris Murphy wrote:
* have a one time service delete all the printers, thereby forcing the
user to readd them, and then document this story
The statements from above still stand, with addition to removing all USB
queues indiscriminately, which will cause another set of reported issues...

I can think about a RPM trigger which can remove USB queues
indiscriminately when ipp-usb is installed, but if I compare the groups
of users affected by this indiscriminate removal and group of users
which have IPP-over-USB devices, the indiscriminate removal will hit
(and possibly generate more bugzillas) more users than ipp-usb hits now
- so IMHO it is not valuable to implement.
Yeah fair point. I think the ick factor is the main reason why I'm
thinking something really needs to be done to make it better. But
unfortunately I'm not really thinking of a great way to handle this
other than Common Bugs. Maybe with Common Bugs now being migrated to
Ask Fedora, they'll get more visibility. And I can also try to
remember to give #fedora folks a heads up about it on IRC/matrix.

If you recall the email I've sent to devel list about the issue, then I've sent the same email to users list as well. It could give some heads up for the users as well.

--
Zdenek Dohnal
Software Engineer