Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 36 Candidate Beta-1.3 Available Now!

On Mon, 2022-03-21 at 14:19 +1100, Ian Laurie wrote:
> On 3/21/22 12:44, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Sun, 2022-03-20 at 17:01 +0000, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > According to the schedule [1], Fedora 36 Candidate Beta-1.3 is now
> > > available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> > > testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
> > Just to explain the multiple composes - 1.2 and 1.3 are actually
> > identical in the end. 1.2 got a gnome-shell build one older than it was
> > supposed to have. 1.3 was an attempt to fix that, but it didn't work.
> > Not sure if releng want to try a 1.4, but nirik says the fix should be
> > to untag the older gnome-shell from the "f36-compose" tag and run the
> > compose again.
>
> Is there a way to migrate test results from the 1.2 pages to the 1.3
> pages?  I spent 2 days testing LOL, would be a shame to lose the info.

Hi Ian, and sorry about that! There's a convention for it, but no
automated way to do it; I usually go through and do them manually when
necessary/desired.

There is going to be a 1.4 today, because 1.3 still didn't get the
right versions of gnome-shell and firefox. It may include a couple more
FE fixes also. Once that's built and the matrices are created I'll
transfer over any results that should still be valid (don't involve
packages that were changed between 1.2 and 1.4). Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA