Re: rfc: new beta release criterion for minimum firefox version

On Sat, 2022-02-26 at 17:33 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Contra argument:
> There is a "Default application functionality" final release
> criterion, it requires a basic functionality test, and includes the
> web browser. It surely applies here, because the browser is broken for
> many web sites. As for beta, well it's a beta.

I agree with the contra argument. This is perfectly well covered under
existing criteria. Note also the upgrade criterion (Beta) has a
footnote:

"The upgraded system must meet all release criteria."

Which means that we explicitly require that the browser on an upgraded
Workstation or KDE install meets the "basic functionality" criterion.

If Firefox's basic functionality is compromised on upgrade from a
current F34 or F35 Workstation or KDE install, that is clearly a
blocker under the existing criteria, for me. We do not need a new one.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA