Re: Introduction

On Wed, 2022-01-19 at 14:58 +0530, sukeerti t wrote:

> Hello!
> <snip>
> Fedora seems to be a great open source platform for me to build
> my skills. I’m a total beginner. And I would like to help in Quality
> Assurance and testing. I would be really glad if you guide me through
> this. I can afford around 10 hours per week.

Hello Sukeerti and welcome. Sorry for the delay.
sukeerti is also your FAS username, correct?

This list will get updates on different testing related activities.
Subscribing the test-announce mailing list [0] could be useful as well.

You can start to test updates in Bodhi [1] for Fedora 34 and Fedora 35.
Update testing is where a tester tests a package and gives out a +1
Karma for PASS and -1 Karma for FAIL. You can go to
bodhi.fedoraproject.org where you can sort the packages with Fedora
Releases and tags viz "pending" & "testing". You can read much about
update testing here [2]. You can also use the RPM package fedora-easy-
karma for giving out feedbacks from the command line for the installed
packages (enable the updates-testing repository!).

Running release validation tests [3] [4] could be useful, even if we
are still on Rawhide.

We usually involve ourselves in activities marked in [5], you can catch
us mostly at #fedora-qa on freenode IRC, Matrix or Telegram.

A test day [6], or better, a test week will start on January, 23. It
would be great for you to participate.

If you have any question, please ask!

[0]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/test-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/