Re: In regard to testing Fedora 36 Rawhide 20220114.n.0

On Fri, 2022-01-14 at 10:16 -0500, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Testing for Fedora 36 Rawhide 20220114.n.0 has started out a bit rough.
> I booted the install media and the check passed, but while it was
> booting the live I got the "Oh no!" sad face. I just waited for a while
> then clicked the "Log Out" and after a bit the Anaconda started as a
> very small window in the upper left corner of the sad face screen.
> Anaconda is currently running the install so I'll see what else
> interesting happens.
>
> Is this known or should I file a bug?

Hi Pat! Thanks for reporting. Yes, this is known, the problem is that
some bits of GNOME have been bumped to 42 Alpha but some other bits
have not, and the bits that have been bumped are breaking the older
bits that haven't. The desktop folks are working to try and sort this
out at the moment, I will be testing. I'm hoping we can get it cleared
up in time for tomorrow's compose. For now, anyone who uses GNOME
should probably avoid updating Rawhide.

If you have already updated an installed system to today's Rawhide, I
think in order to fix things, you'll want to:

1. Downgrade gnome-desktop3 to gnome-desktop3-41.3-1.fc36
2. Downgrade gnome-initial-setup to gnome-initial-setup-41.2-1.fc36
3. Remove libgweather4

I *hope* that should do it, if there are no other problems hidden
behind the initial ones.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA