Self Introduction: Ian Laurie

Hello everyone,

I'm an embedded systems developer by day, mostly designing embedded h/w, and depending on workloads sometimes the s/w that runs on top.

At 63 I've been around a while. My first contact with Linux was Red Hat 5.1 Manhattan and I ran a RHEL 3 taroon DNS/Mail/Web server for a number of years back in the day, but none of this makes me an expert, more of an advanced noob who can read the docs.

I do run a couple of Debian VMs (Testing and Stable) to prevent me from becoming too tunnel visioned, but my day-to-day is in the RH ecosystem (Fedora/Stream/RHEL).

I'm keen to get more involved with Fedora QA group as I already do testing (typically I update from updates-testing so I do sometimes hit problems). As a side issue I'm interested in EPEL as well. Some folks here may know me already from BZ or Bohdi.

On FAS and IRC I'm nixuser.

--
Ian Laurie
ilaurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx