Re: Proposal: Migrate “Common Bugs” from the wiki to Ask Fedora

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 8:36 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-11-04 at 11:43 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Background
> > ----------
> >
> > Every release since possibly the dawn of time (or, at least, [Fedora
> > Core 5][1]), we make a [Common Bugs page][2] on the wiki. This is where
> > we document things that we judge not to be blockers but are concerned
> > many people might run into on upgrade or first install of a new Fedora
> > Linux release — or, would-be blockers we decide we have to waive
> > because we don’t have time or resources to fix. Or, just common issues
> > that crop after the release.
> >

> > Problem
> > -------
> >
> > This time around, based on my anecdotal impression from social media,
> > Ask Fedora questions, and even comments on the release announcement,
> > [No sound after upgrade][3] appears to be the … winner. Lots of people
> > are hitting this.

To be blunt, I try my hardest to avoid the Discourse system. I would
rather us just make the CommonBugs page linked from Ask in a prominent
way for people to see it. People using the Ask system should be made
aware of CommonBugs before posting, so you could add an overlay on the
"new topic" post page so people are notified of it before creating a
topic.