Help with TL-WN823N on Fedora

I am having an awful time running Fedora on my Desktop PC.

Short version:
--------------
Curl time-outs are almost certain while running dnf updates.  Download
speed is excruciatingly slow and frustrating.  Sometimes, the URLs to
repositories don't resolve.

Long version:
-------------
After connecting to the internet via my wifi device (Tp-link
TL-WN823N),  I run "dnf makecache".  It executes, albeit after a
noticeable delay.  Subsequent dnf sessions are tests of patience, and
it wasn't always like this.  This phenomenon became increasingly
apparent since kernel-5.13 and above.  Now, I can barely update.

I have ruled out bandwidth exhaustion, poor service from ISP and a
faulty wireless router.  I mean, I have other devices accessing the
internet via the router.  They all work beautifully.  The funny part is
that my web browser opens pages on the affected PC (quite slowly
compared to performances in other devices on the network).  I
eventually came to suspect the USB Wifi dongle on the affected machine
(TL-WN823N).  When I boot into Windows on the same PC, download speeds
improve tremendously.  The dongle's LED lights up too.   Back to
Fedora, it is all drag.  No lights.

I went to ask.fedoraproject.org for clues.  Sure enough, people were
having issues with the same wifi dongle.  The posts on the subject seem
to indict the driver that comes with the kernel.
(https://ask.fedoraproject.org/t/fedora-are-there-any-drivers-for-usb-dongle-tp-link-wn823n-rtl8192eu-v3/1752).
 I didn't see any more complaints after F32, so I assumed the suggested
solutions were conclusive.  There are about 3 or 4 Git repositories out
there providing "official" drivers for TL-WN823N.  I applied the one
recommended by Hector (https://github.com/clnhub/rtl8192eu-linux).
That blacklisted the default driver (rtl8xxxu).  Now the kernel loads
the 8192eu module instead.

My experience is that the problem persists.  I am running Fedora
rawhide, and I have the latest kernels.  It would be nice to find a
lasting solution to this issue.  We may be looking at a regression
here.  I am available to troubleshoot. Ideas are welcome!

Regards
Onyeibo