Re: [Test-Announce] 2021-09-13 @ 16:00 UTC - Fedora 35 Blocker Review Meeting

On Sun, 2021-09-12 at 00:18 +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 00:02, Geoffrey Marr <gmarr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > # F35 Blocker Review meeting
> > # Date: 2021-09-13
> > # Time: 16:00 UTC
> > # Location: #fedora-blocker-review on irc.libera.chat
> >
> > Hello testers!
> >
> > There are currently 6 proposed freeze exceptions to be looked at during
> > the meeting. We will also spend some time looking over the existing 6
> > accepted blockers and 6 accepted freeze exceptions.
> >

> After recent gcc changes it seems like some packages may no longer compile.
> First example from the edge a2ps

On the general topic here (not this specific case), we have automated
systems for detecting and reporting FTBFS (fails to build from source)
packages. These do not generally constitute release blocker bugs and
aren't handled through the release blocker process. An FTBFS package is
only considered to be blocking the release if we actually need to
rebuild the package in order to fix some *other* problem which is in
itself release-critical.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA